DVD-A.net Forum Index DVD-A.net
The DVD-Audio Resource

HomeHome   Music storeMusic store   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2017 Genesis G80 plays DVD-Audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ufl1138

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: 2017 Genesis G80 plays DVD-Audio Reply with quote

I had to post this somewhere, I'm so excited.

I drive a 2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 and I'd recently resigned myself to continue driving it forever since no other vehicles seemed to support DVD-Audio. The 2012-2014 Genesis didn't support DVD-A as well as the previous models (it seemed to prefer the DVD-V layer if present), and support had disappeared on the 2015-2016 Genesis.

Anyway the 17-speaker Lexicon system in my Genesis sounds amazing. I had recently posted on Hyundai's facebook page that until or unless they added 5.1 FLAC or DVD-Audio support back into the car, I wouldn't be upgrading. I imagine they got a lot of similar feedback.

Now that they've split Genesis into its own luxury brand, the G80 is the first car available and they've added DVD-Audio support back in. I can't wait to go test drive one!

Discussion: what other vehicles are you aware of that play DVD-Audio or 5.1 96/24 FLAC?
fashiongirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice info, thank you for share!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVD-A.net Forum Index -> General forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: