DVD-A.net Forum Index DVD-A.net
The DVD-Audio Resource

HomeHome   Music storeMusic store   Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to DVD-A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalcm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Return to DVD-A Reply with quote

I haven't played my DVD-As in a while then saw a reference to this site on hometheater.com's list of dead formats. I have about 50 or so titles and a Classe CDP-300 to play them. It is a terrific format - especially the 24/192 titles. Listening to Yes Fragile 24/192 stereo now. It is outstanding.

Is there a list of the 24/192 titles that were/are available?
danfaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently decided to supplement some of my SACD collection with the DVD-As that preceeded them (Warner). My setup doesn't allow me to really hear what DSD offers, but I sure can hear DVD-A in all its glory!

I was wondering how long this format will be supported as far as players go. I have really become attached to my DVD-As, and would hate to lose the ability to play them...

This website used to list all DVD-As available, but it doesn't appear to be working now.

http://dvd-a.info/
DVD-Audiophile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfaz wrote:
I was wondering how long this format will be supported as far as players go. I have really become attached to my DVD-As, and would hate to lose the ability to play them...

Technically, DVD-Audio is much easier to support (on top of DVD-Video, and especially on a Blu-ray Disc/DVD player) than SACD because (high-resolution/multichannel) PCM anyway has to be supported, so we can probably see DVD-Audio supported for quite a few years.

Quote:
This website used to list all DVD-As available, but it doesn't appear to be working now...

No idea what happened there but fortunately you can find pretty much any DD-Audio title here:

http://www.dvd-a.net/musicstore.html
danfaz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD-Audiophile wrote:
Technically, DVD-Audio is much easier to support (on top of DVD-Video, and especially on a Blu-ray Disc/DVD player) than SACD because (high-resolution/multichannel) PCM anyway has to be supported, so we can probably see DVD-Audio supported for quite a few years.

Good news!

Quote:
No idea what happened there but fortunately you can find pretty much any DD-Audio title here: http://www.dvd-a.net/musicstore.html

Cool, I'll keep that bookmarked. Do you get a referral for purchases made through that store?
DVD-Audiophile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfaz wrote:
Do you get a referral for purchases made through that store?

Yes, it goes some way to supporting the maintenance of this site.

Thanks for your support!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DVD-A.net Forum Index -> General forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: